The ACS Scholars Program is offering renewable scholarships of $1,000 to $5,000 per year for Black/African American, Hispanic/Latinx, and Native American undergraduate students majoring in chemistry-related fields and pursuing chemistry-related careers (visit the How to Apply page for a full list of eligible majors). In addition to scholarship support, ACS Scholars also helps students identify academic and/or professional mentors, offers internship opportunities, and conference travel awards. Note that there is no limit on the number of awarded students from a single institution, so encourage all eligible students to apply and spread the word. Scholarship applications must be submitted online via the ACS Scholars Program website. Additional information is available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH TIPS
- Create a calendar: When you find a scholarship you want to apply for, but the deadline is too far out or has passed, put it on your calendar for when the application will open.
- Treat scholarship searching and preparation as a part-time, year-round job.
- Skip applications that ask for a fee or bank account information. Check here for information on Scholarship Scams and Services.
- Consider community organizations, parents’ employers or other affiliations.
- Search for things that make you unique: favorite brand of shoes, hobbies, activities, companies you want to work for, local organizations, professional organizations in your field, etc.
- Don’t disqualify yourself!: If you meet most of the criteria, but not all, apply anyway. If you are invited to apply for a scholarship, make it a priority. Don’t wait until the last minute.
- Follow instructions, meet deadlines, and proofread your application.