The Richards group works at the interface of the fields of renewable energy, nanoscale materials, sustainability, circular economy, catalysis and inorganic chemistry. The group leverages collaborative efforts (predominantly at Mines and NREL) with in-situ characterization (ie. microscopies, X-rays, spectroscopies), computation (including molecular dynamics (MD) simulations with density functional theory (DFT) and machine learning), as well as applications (biomass/plastics upgrading, fuel cells, CO2 capture/conversion, batteries, etc.) to realize the ambitions of these projects. Please visit the Richards group webpage for additional information.
- BA, Chemistry – Michigan State University
- MS – Central Michigan University
- PhD – Kansas State University
- Visiting Scientist PhD– Boreskov Institute of Catalysis, Russia
- Postdoctoral Study – Max Planck Institute fuer Kohlenforschung, Germany